A customer having his usual lunch at his usual café makes some unusual requests of his waitress.
- Female: 1
- Male: 1
- Total roles: 2
- Staci Ferguson
- A waitress, 40’s. She is very good at her job, very professional and polite, but she does have her limits
- Clark Kanetta
- A businessman, 30’s – 50’s. He is self-confident, a bit brash, works very hard at coming across as a good guy. He doesn’t admit that he’s lonely.
Setting & Set Requirements
A nice café
- 2012 – Festival of Contemporary Theater, Madrid, Spain
- 2011 – Stone Soup Theater, Seattle, WA
- 2010 – Long Island University Fringe Festival, NY
- 2009 – Theater@First, MA
- 2007 – Chester Horn Festival, TheatreRats, NY
- 2005 – St. Louis One Act Festival, MO
- 2005 – Taller de Metodo, Venezuela
- 2005 – PawPaw Village Players, MI
- 2002 – ArtsCenter, NC
- 2001 – University of Southern California, CA
- 2001 – Theater Neo, CA
- 1998 – Vagabond Players, CA
Staci: I’m sorry, Mr. Kanetta, but we don’t serve baked potatoes until five.
Clark: Well now, I know that, but Staci, I’d like you to make an exception today, because, to tell you the truth, I really want that baked potato. I think I want it just about as much as I have ever wanted anything in my entire life. I’ve been thinking about it all the way from the… All the way here. Would you do that? Would you make an exception for me today, for no other reason than because you know it would mean a lot to me?