The sweet and happy meeting of two lovers is haunted by the presence of a silent second woman.
- Female: 2
- Male: 1
- Total roles: 3
- Sweet and funny and so eager to please. 20’s – 30’s
- Joy’s boyfriend. A good guy, 30’s.
- A beautiful, graceful woman, silent. 30’s.
Setting & Set Requirements
A table in a Chinese restaurant.
- 2019 – Cayuga Community College, NY
- 2009 – Chester Horn Festival, TheatreRats, NY
- 1999 – Company of Angels, CA
Bill: Doesn’t that mean every hello has a good-bye?
Joy: I guess so. I mean, that’s the duality of life, isn’t it? Even if you’re with someone forever, eventually one of you dies. But what if, what if you both die at the same time, like in a car crash or whatever, you don’t have to say good-bye. Then it’s just a hello that sort of hangs there in the universe forever, an opening that never has to close. Isn’t that a great thought?