Barry and his sassy, sexy, very pregnant wife Lola meet up with Barry’s best friend Andy. Andy is curious about Lola’s pregnancy, since he knows Barry has had a vasectomy. When Barry tells him that Lola claims to have been impregnated by an angel, Andy is shocked and angry. Barry is forced to choose between his long time best friend and the wife he loves but about whom he has to admit he has his own doubts.
- Female: 1
- Male: 2
- Total roles: 3
- 30’s, beautiful, brassy, strong, sexy, pregnant.
- 30’s, Lola’s husband, mild, a little geeky, a good man.
- 30’s, Barry’s best friend, loyal, good looking, a man’s man.
Setting & Set Requirements
A hotel room.
- 2005 – Winner Audience Favorite Award, Eclectic Theater Company, CA
- 2008 – Short + Sweet Festival, Sydney, Australia
- 2008 – Theater Limina, MN
- 2006 – Emerging Artists Theater Company, NY
- 2006 – Black Door Theater Company, NY
- 2005 – Eclectic Theater Company, CA
Andy: Maybe Bible Mary cheated on Bible Joseph and the whole thing got turned into a religion just so he wouldn’t have to face that fact that his wife was sleeping around.
Barry: Okay okay, but let’s say it’s generally accepted that it happened once, right? And all these religions are predicting it’s going to happen again, right? So why not now? Why not Lola? Who says it has to be two thousand years ago in a manger?